Target List \ Document Library items to an audience -
There are two options for doing this ->
1) Change Manage permissions for an item
2) Enable Target Audience option available for list and document library
1) Change Manage permissions for an item -
- Right Click on particular item which you want to set for specific audience. You will find manage permission option. The permissions for current item will be inherited from the parent folder. So according to your choice it can be changed. Users who have the permission on these items; it will appear accordingly in the document library for them.
2) Enable Target Audience option available for list and document library -
For doing this three steps you have to follow -
- Enable audience targeting on the list or library
- Specify the target audience on the items
- Display the targeted items in a Content Editor Web Part
Enable audience targeting on the list or library -
- Navigate to particular list or library. Click on Settings tab -> Document Library Settings.
- Click on Audience Target Settings.
- Enable Audience Target checkbox. Click ok
- After enabling target audience you will be able to see one more column in List or Document Library as Target Audience.
- On the item -> Right Click -> Edit Properties
- Add the Target Audience list in this.
After using this option the library items will be visible to everyone .You have to use Content Query Web Part to display items for a specific audience.